Séance™ for Macintosh
Communicate with your Phantom directly . . . using your Macintosh!
From the ground up, this software was built to be a MacOSX application. It takes advantage of the latest MacOSX Technologies to provide the best user experience possible. Séance™ has an intuitive interface which lets you operate your Phantom Camera or Cinestation quickly and efficiently. The User Interface elements clearly identify what is happening with your Cine files, so you can see “at a glance” what is happening . . . even from a distance.
This software package includes features such as GPU Accelerated Graphics, Drag & Drop and Multi Processing. These features are heavily used throughout the application to make your project’s workflow easier, sophisticated and efficient.
Supports your favorite Phantom Camera
Séance™ supports several Phantom Camera systems. This includes the popular Phantom Flex4K, Phantom Flex, V1210 through to V2511, V711 as well as the Phantom HD and Phantom 65 models. Many other camera models are supported as well. (Contact us for a full list of compatible camera models.) Both Cinestation Models are also fully supported. When the Cinestation is used with a compatible 10Gb Ethernet device, you can download the Cine footage in a significantly shorter amount of time.
Queued Downloads & Multiple Save Destinations (Get Home Faster!)
Séance tries to help. You can enqueue all of your shots, so that they automatically download. While your shots are downloading in the background, you can continue to adjust your imagery. Add shots (or remove them!) when you are ready.
Instead of saving a Cine file to a drive and then spending hours copying those files to other drives, why not write to all the drives at once? With Séance™ you can specify an unlimited number of Save destinations. While you are downloading, each location gets an exact duplicate of the Cine file, saving you hours of file copying. Subfolders are also created across each volume for those productions that need a predetermined directory structure.
Séance™ Download Queue
Séance™ Save Destinations
Real Time & Color Accurate Live Preview
Séance™ includes a GPU Accelerated Live Preview that closely matches what is displayed on the HD-SDI Output of the camera. By using the same color science algorithms that Vision Research built into their cameras, Séance™ can provide a color accurate representation that duplicates what you would normally see from the HD-SDI output on the camera. The Cine Preview provides a match to what the DP expects to see. Séance also provides all of the image adjustment controls that are available on the camera. Color adjustments can be made on a shot by shot basis. Séance provides complete set of color and exposure controls which you can use to alter the appearance of your Cine shot, before you save it. All of the settings are then stored into the header of your Cine file, allowing for non-destructive creative color decisions. When combined with Glue Tools’ line of Phantom Cine packages and plugins, you can ensure consistent color processing all the way through your production.
Séance™ Color Adjustment
Séance™ Tone Map Adjustment
Bad Pixel Detection & Repair
As Cine files save the raw untouched sensor data, these faulty pixels can sometimes be saved into the file. Many Editorial and Color Grading packages are unable to detect and fix these pixels. With Séance™ you can optionally repair these pixels before the data is saved into the Cine file. Your Colorist will never see a white dot again.
Full Support for SMPTE Time Code, High Res Timestamps and Range Data
With the introduction of the Phantom Flex, SMTPE Time Code became available. Soon afterwards, most Phantom Cameras could internally generate a SMPTE Time Code timestamp even if they didn't include SMTPE Time Code hardware! With Séance™ you can now save that Time Code information right into the Cine file. Séance also supports the storage of High Resolution Timestamps as well as Range Data (if present).
How to Buy
All of our products are available from our web store. You can place an order for any combination of packages that you wish.
We accept most major Credit Cards, PayPal or Bill Me Later transactions. Orders are fulfilled within 24 hours of purchase. However, we are often able to get your licenses to you in a matter of minutes during business hours.
Included with a Séance purchase:
- License activation on one computer (unless more than one license is purchased.)
- Six (6) months of support. (This includes Telephone and email technical support for Séance, as well as downloadable updates and/or major releases during the 6 month duration. This does not include hardware support for the Macintosh or Phantom Cameras. Apple & Vision Research have amazing people that can help.)
The Séance Annual Support Package
Unlike our other products, Séance is a constantly evolving product. It is also a product where you, the customer, requires detailed and timely attention. In order to produce and support a package like this, we have decided that an Annual Support package was best way to accommodate each customer's needs.
When you purchase a Séance license, the package will include 6 months of product support. This will enable you to get up and running with the software. During this time, you will be able to contact us for detailed support and download updates/major releases as they become available.
However, after the 6 month support period lapses, subsequent Annual Support package(s) will be required to continue access to direct support and software updates. This is renewed annually, based upon the date that the license was purchased.
How Licensing Works
All Glue Tools products are licensed on a "per machine" basis. This means that anyone can use the software on the machine that has the license.
If you need to move the license to a new system, you can. Simply use your license code to "Revoke" the license from your system. Once the machine has been revoked, you can go to your new machine and activate it. There are no restrictions or limitations on the number of times you can move your license.
- A "2010" (or later) model of Intel Mac computer
- Mac OS X 10.9.5 or later
- Apple Approved OpenCL v1.1 (or later) Compatible Graphics system.
- Gigabit Ethernet / Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (Thunderbolt only.)
- 1600 x 1200 display
- Homebrew/hackintosh computers are ABSOLUTELY NOT supported
- 2012 (or later) Retina Macbook Pro, or
- 2013 (or later) Thunderbolt MacPro
- MacOSX 10.10.2
- QuickTime 7.6.6
- Glue Tools Phantom Cine Toolkit v4.x (or later)
- High Speed Storage (RAID, SSD)
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet device.
Supported Graphics Cards:
- AMD FirePro D300, D500, D700 GPUs
- NVidia Quadro 4000 (MacOSX 10.7.5 and later)
- ATI Radeon HD 59xx (MacOSX 10.8.5 and later)
- ATI Radeon HD 58xx (MacOSX 10.7.5 and later)
- NVidia GTX Cards (MacOSX 10.8.5 and later)
- All iMac systems with Thunderbolt
- All MacBook Pro models with Thunderbolt
Unsupported (incompatible) Graphics Cards:
- Intel Integrated HD Graphics 4000
- Intel Integrated HD Graphics 3000
Supported 10G Ethernet Hardware (Cinestatation I & IV)
Mac Pro - PCIe:
- Small Tree - 10 Gigabit PCI Express Single or Dual Optical SL cards. (PETG1SFP+, PETG2SFP+)
- Small Tree - 10 Gigabit PCI Express Single or Dual 10GbaseT cards. (PETG1-CAT6A, PETG2-CAT6A)
- Myricom - 10 Gigabit Ethernet Solutions (10G-PCIE-8B-2S, amongst many others)
- ATTO Technology - FastFrame 10GbE SFP+ NIC (FFRM-NS11-000, FFRM-NS12-000, FFRM-NS14-000)
- ATTO Technology - FastFrame 10GBaseT NIC (FFRM-NT11-000, FFRM-NT12-000)
Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 2 (including the "Thunderbolt" MacPro):
- Small Tree - SANLink2 10GBASE-T - 10Gbase T Cat6A Single Port Thunderbolt 2 device
- Small Tree - ThunderNET2 (TN2-10-1PF, TN2-10-2PF). 10GbE Optical Single or Dual Port Thunderbolt 2 device
- Small Tree - ThunderNET2 (TN2-10-1P, TN2-10-2P). 10GbaseT Cat6A Single or Dual Port Thunderbolt 2 device
- ATTO Technology - ThunderLink NS 2102 SFP+ (TLNS-2102-D00)
- ATTO Technology - ThunderLink NT 2102 10GBaseT (TLNT-2102-D00)
- ATTO Technology - ThunderLink NS 1101 SFP+ (TLNS-1101-D00)
- ATTO Technology - ThunderLink NT 1102 10GBaseT (TLNT-1102-D00)
- Myricom Cards ARE NOT SUPPORTED when used in a thunderbolt chassis.
Supported Phantom Cameras:
- Phantom Flex4K
- Phantom Flex
- Phantom HD (Gold)
- Phantom 65 (Gold)
- v711 (with Cinemag)
- Cinestation I (10Gb Fiber)
- Cinestation IV (10GBaseT Copper)
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical or sales questions about our products.